Stalk me elsewhere

Monday, November 28, 2011

The End of November

Hello, Fire Enthusiasts.

As I pen this note to you, I am enjoying the first of four fabulous days off. We had a good Thanksgiving Day as we visited my family for early dinner and followed that up with dessert over at my sister in law's house for my wife's family. Dallas didn't ruin my day, but did slow my digestion with that lucky win. *sigh*

Friday will be spent decorating the house for Christmas. I'll get up early and hit the lap top until my family awakens. Once I've cleared my virtual desk a bit and enjoyed some coffee, I will begin. My oldest is a senior in high school, so this could very well be the last time that he is home to assist. Check off another milestone, right?


On the reading front, my TBR pile has recently grown exponentially, thanks to the Halloween Coffinhop and a bunch or sweet people who have given me copies of their hard work. I'm looking forward to seeing what these great people bring to the literary table. I still only have time to read a little at work and then again before bed. Unfortunately, I started reading Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian. I really like it so far, but didn't realize it was so long. *sigh* Thankfully, I'll have time off during Christmas. This should enable me to get some of the pile reduced. I'll definitely review anything that I like. If I find something that I don't care for, I may just scurry away quietly. If you want to see what I plan to read thereafter, find me over at Goodreads and say hello.


As far as writing is concerned, I am in good shape. I have no writing deadlines at the moment, having just completed two magazine articles recently. Although I am still awaiting the return of my edits for the sequel to Dance on Fire, I have begun outlining a new project that I am very excited about. I won't say much about it so soon, but will say that it is definitely horror and nothing to do with vampires this time. The vampires will return, of course. There's at least one more book in me on that subject (not counting the one enduring edits at the moment).


Lastly, I'd like to say that I am so impressed with everyone who competed in the race that was National Novel Writing Month. I stand and applaud your efforts. *literally stands and applauds* Congratulations. Whether you finished your project or just nearly finished it, it took a lot of commitment - more than I could have given.

I'm glad that NaNo is over for another reason, too. I miss you guys. Can you come out and play now?

Please?

*grins* We'll talk soon.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed 'The Historian', though I did find it a little slow in places!
    NaNo is almost done and I'm going to hit my 50K which I'm thrilled with. I have readers waiting for the third book in my 'Serenity' series so I should have the first draft done by the end of next month.
    And as for Christmas, I can't believe you put decorations up already. I'll be putting mine up at the last possible minute and taking them down again just after! I love Christmas, but only for a week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Kostova's The Historian. I think I read it a second time. The intertwined stories had me very engrossed, plus I liked her literary style of writing, it wasn't too heavy-handed as is the case with many literary works. Do you know she got an $8.5 mil. advance? I'm astounded someone could get that for a first book!

    I've just finished working through my edits, and 2nd book is in publisher's capable hands.

    I've sent off one short story, and am about to send off another one.

    Happy to hear you had some wonderful time off--sure is nice, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA ha! Blogland is a little lonelier in November isn't it? I wrote a lot in beginning of Nov then I didn't. November just got crazy busy.
    Enjoy your time with your son and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your holiday. Get plenty of rest so we can get started on that new, exciting project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you mention your son in high school. Lately I've been feeling this way about our son, who is now a freshman. I know this time will pass quickly, and I'm the crazy mommy trying to hold on. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.