Stalk me elsewhere

Monday, December 26, 2011

Aftermath

Hello, Fire Enthusiasts. How is everyone? Did you survive the weekend of family, food, presents and fun? Well, I didn't.

I'm sick. What follows shall be my Last Will and Testament...

Okay, perhaps that's a bit far fetched. I'm not great, but I'm not dying, either. My problem, along with many others, is that I suffer from allergies. I take my shot and attempt to stay away from smoke, perfume, candles, etc. I had been doing so well; however, it finally hit me. The last week before Christmas was so busy that I'm guessing that I was in a weakened state and an easy target.

In any event, I neglected to schedule a post before Monday morning. That is why this one is coming so late. With that in mind, and the fact that so many have yet to get back into the swing of things - I'm guessing - I'm just going to drop in to say hello and drop back out. My couch is calling my name, as is the mountain of dvd's that Santa brought me. I would much rather take this first day off of my two week vacation to catch up with all of your blogs, but I know myself, and the last thing that I want to do is be sick for the entire two weeks. Therefore, I plan to take these first couple of days easy...

So, if you have been by recently, what follows will be old news, and I'll just see you next week. If you have not been by in a while then perhaps you might like to view the vlog post that I did last week. It's short, and shows me feeling good and unsuspecting what might happen in a week's time.

I also did a guest post over at Layers of Thought for my new best friend Shellie Nunn. ;) In it, I discussed "dreams" and the 20 years that it took for my novel to see the light of day. If you know that story already, and chances are that you do, we're also doing a giveaway which has another week. I'm giving away some e-books and one autographed softcover. I hope you'll come by and check it out.

Anyway, you guys, thanks for stopping by. I'm going to go now.

If I survive, we'll talk soon.

*grins*

15 comments:

  1. Feel better, Jimmy! I feel washed out from the holiday fun too, but at least I'm not sick. Man, what a crap way to feel right after Christmas. Have a great New Year if I don't talk to you again by then. :)

    JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get back on the couch and watch those DVD'S and that's an order!

    Take it easy, buddy! Get well. That's all that's important for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allergies attacked me today, so I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you're two hours or so south of Modesto. My day job is fixing allergies. Many people are allergic to mold and live Christmas trees can significantly increase indoor mold counts. The stress of the holidays can depress the immune system, which means more allergy symptoms. Get plenty of rest and get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better, Jimmy. Rest is the best thing you can do for yourself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better, Jimmy! Enjoy those DVDs and have a blast ringing in the New Year. See ya on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the love, you guys. I totally appreciate it. I feel much better today.
    It was so sad yesterday morning. No coffee for me, and I didn't even check trusty iPhone for messages (even though it was on my belt and vibrating ever 30 minutes) because I had lost all will to do so. ;) I did get my allergy shot later in the day, so hopefully that will kick in soon. All I had to do was show a nurse a little hip. *grins* Hey, I'm 42, pushing 43; soon no one will care to see!
    Love you guys,

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relax, enjoy the movies, and get better, Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kelly & Jenny. I'd offer *hugs*, but don't want either of you catching this cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zyrtec..tissues...brandy ;) Doctors orders

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Almighty! Good to see you. I love it that you do housecalls like that! Happy New Year!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, sorry to hear about the allergies. I, too, am an allergy sufferer, but only seasonal allergies. Basically, they kick my butt for about two months twice a year. Hope you get on the other side of them.

    Oh, and watched your vlog. Interesting. Never done one, but might have to try. It was great actually hearing your voice. Makes the friendship a little more real, you know?

    And I subscribed to your blog. I thought I already had, but it was still giving me the option. Maybe I did it twice. Anyway, I agree that's the best way to keep up with people I care about (and I do the same thing. delete, delete, delete, okay save that one).

    So anyway, great to see you. Hope you have a happy new year.

    Paul D. Dail
    www.pauldail.com- A horror writer's not necessarily horrific blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't get sick and die. The Mayans say you have a year left. Then you can suffer with the rest of us.

    Happy New Year!

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.